CITY OF GREENFIELD
gfConnect PUBLIC WI-FI NETWORK AGREEMENT
By accepting this agreement (“Agreement”) and accessing the City of Greenfield’s (“City”) gfConnect wireless network (“Network”), you acknowledge that: (1) you are at least 18 years of age and that you have read and understood and agree to be bound by this Agreement; or (2) if you are under 18 years of age, you have obtained a parent or guardian’s consent and approval to access the Network, and the consenting parent/guardian agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement on your behalf.
The Network is provided at the City’s discretion. The City may block, suspend, or terminate your access to the Network at any time and for any lawful reason.
There are significant risks attendant to accessing the internet, including, but not limited to, the loss of data and the introduction of viruses or other programs that could be damaging to your computer or other devices. You agree that the City is not liable for any interception of transmissions, computer worms or viruses, loss of data, file corruption, hacking, or damage to your computer or other devices that may occur while using the Network.
You acknowledge and agree that you will not engage in any illegal or inappropriate uses of the Network. Such uses include, but are not limited to:
1. Spamming (e.g., sending unsolicited bulk and/or repeated messages);
2. Intellectual property right violations;
3. Accessing computers, accounts, equipment, or networks belonging to another party in an unauthorized or illegal manner;
4. Compromising or evading, or preparing or attempting to compromise or evade, the security measures of another system;
5. Transferring technology in violation of applicable export laws and regulations;
6. Distributing pornographic materials to minors;
7. Child pornography;
8. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available Ponzi schemes or pyramid schemes;
9. Fraudulently charging credit cards;
10. Making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products or services;
11. High bandwidth operations;
12. Obscene, indecent, defamatory, abusive, harassing, or threatening speech or materials;
13. Forging or misrepresenting message headers;
14. Facilitating a violation of the Agreement;
16. Distribution of viruses, Trojan horses, or other damaging properties, or any activities related to the proliferation of these properties;
17. Acquiring information, passwords, or data belonging to other users;
18. Making unauthorized copies of proprietary software; and
19. Intercepting messages, files, or communications.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the City, the Greenfield City Council, members of the Greenfield City Council, and the City’s officers, agents, employees, and authorized volunteers (“Indemnified Parties”) of and from any and all claims, demands, judgments, or decrees made or rendered against the Indemnified Parties by reason of your use of the Network.
You acknowledge and agree that, except for the City’s representations or warranties expressly set forth in the Agreement, the City makes no warranties, express or implied, as to internet speed, bandwidth, security, privacy, or any other factors or characteristics of the Network. As such, you accept the Network “as is.”