In the City of Greenfield, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. We are actively taking measures to safeguard public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19. We are working in partnership with local, state and federal government agencies and officials.
Emergency services are fully operational.
Emergency services, including the Fire Department, Police Department, and all other first responders are fully operational or on-call.
Residents are asked to adhere to the statewide stay at home order.
Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay at home order on March 19, 2020, to protect the health and well-being of all Californians and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. The order is in place until further notice.
All individuals living in the State of California are ordered to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, childcare, and construction, including housing construction. You can learn more about the order HERE.
Data regarding confirmed cases is available from the County.
The County of Monterey is releasing reports of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the County. For more the most up-to-date information, visit the County’s website HERE
Residents can engage with the City online, and via phone and email.
• You can contact the City via phone at (831) 674-5591 to engage with the City staff and report non-emergency concerns.
• Utility bill payments can be paid online, via phone or dropped off at the drop box in front of City Hall
• Business license applications can be obtained HERE. The only payment methods we are accepting are credit cards submitted over the telephone.
• Public Works Appointments and Applications can be requested through the Public Works Department, (831) 674-2635. Our inspectors are also available through standard email communications. While conducting inspections in the field, the inspectors will implement social distancing measures and minimize contact with the construction crews by coordinating with a single point of contact.
• For all Community Development business, including:
o Building Inspections
o Building Plan Check & Permits
o Engineering/ Land Development
Building and Planning can be reached at (831) 304-0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Due to changes in business practices in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please note that Community Development Department response turnaround times maybe 24-48 hours.
City and recreational facility closures
The following City facilities, including some park facilities and amenities, are closed until further notice. As the situation changes or persons don’t observe the social distancing requirements, more aspects of our parks may close. Please use caution and maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
• All public counters, except by appointment
• Community Center
• Greenfield Art Center
• Greenfield Community Science Workshop
• Park restrooms
• Playgrounds and play structures
• Skate park
Public gatherings, classes and event cancellations
The following City events and programs are canceled or postponed until further notice:
• All Parks and Recreation classes, events and enrichment programs
• All organized youth sports programs, activities and leagues
• Park reservations and facility rentals for private events/activities
What can I do to prevent getting COVID-19?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Please follow all the steps outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help protect yourself and others. You can view the latest guidelines and information here. HERE
Make sure to take the following steps, and check the CDC website often for the most up-to-date recommendations.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• The City strongly encourages everyone to practice social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Put at least six feet of distance between yourself and others.
Ways you can support local businesses
• The City encourages residents to keep local businesses in mind when shopping for goods and services. Many of your favorite restaurants are open for take-out only at this time, so support them to ensure their success.
• Consider purchasing a gift card at your favorite restaurant or store to treat yourself at a later date.
• We understand the COVID-19 issues are rapidly evolving and this is significantly impacting your businesses. City of Greenfield staff is putting together information to help you respond to these issues for your business and employees. Any new or additional information will be posted on this website, so check back frequently.
• Bookmark this webpage, which is the City’s COVID-19 Response portal for information about City’s response to COVID-19 at http://www.ci.greenfield.ca.us/415/covid19. Additional changes to events will be posted on this page as new information becomes available.
• To learn more about COVID-19 and to stay updated with the latest news and information, visit the County’s comprehensive information PORTAL
• You can also call 2-1-1 to speak to someone if you have general questions.