The inspections that follow the issuance of the permit are required to ensure that work completed on your project meets current building codes and standards. Unsatisfactory work, faulty materials or violations of the code could result in unsafe and hazardous conditions for you, your family, your employees or the general public.
Order of Inspections
You will need to have your project inspected before any work is covered up. Inspections are conducted from the ground up and in a specific defined order. You may not move forward in your construction without passing each inspection.
To request and inspection, please call the Building and Planning Department at (831) 304-0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 p.m. the day before the preferred inspection date.
- Permit Number
- Jobsite Address
- Type of Inspection
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Inspection Preference
- AM (between 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- PM (between 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
All information must be complete and accurate, otherwise; the inspection may not be scheduled.
- Please have permit card and "approved" set of plans on the jobsite and available for the inspection.
- There must be an adult (18 years or older) present for inspections of the interior of an occupied building.
- Any changes to the stamped plans must be resubmitted to the Building Division for additional review, and then returned to the project site before calling for an inspection that involves the change.
To cancel an inspection, applicant must call the Building and Planning Line at (831) 304-0333 before 8:30 a.m. the day of the inspection.
Cancelling an inspection after 8:30 a.m. will be considered a failed inspection.
Failing an inspection twice will result in a re-inspection fee of $149.50.